As NIMCET 2022 is around the corner , a lot of students appearing for the exam might have some feelings of anxiety and nervousness.When the D-Day arrives, you are under a lot of stress. The last few minutes of the exam are quite crucial as this makes your mind by which you are going to enter the examination hall. These last minutes tips will help you in giving your best in the exam.
- Optimize Your Exam Taking Strategy: As per the general trend, 50% of the questions come out to be easy. Look for such questions and solve them on a priority basis. Do not get nervous when you see a series of tough questions at the beginning of the paper; go ahead with the test, and you will find easy ones too. Do not give up just by looking at the beginning; there is always a possibility of finding a less complicated set of questions as you move forward. Try to enhance your question selection skills.
- Keep Away Negativity: Be aware of the negative thoughts surrounding your mind. If you are confident about the chapters you have a good practice on, don’t think about those few chapters you are unsure of, especially in the last few days of the exam. Even if you solve the ones that you know efficiently, there is a high chance of getting an admission seat in one of the top NITs.
- Reach the Exam Hall Before Time: Reach the exam centre one or two hours before the exam. Doing so will prepare you for the better. You will get the chance to adjust to the atmosphere at the exam centre. Also, it is always better to reach the venue before time to avoid any panic situation.
- Take everything you’ll need: Make sure you take everything you are permitted to have in the exam. Identification and multiple pens (in case one runs out) are almost mandatory.
- Minimize Your Interaction: Interaction before the exam often leads to unnecessary thoughts and views. Try to mingle less with your peers or other aspirants before the exam, as this may lead to a conflict of ideas or opinions, and in turn, it might lower your morale and confidence.
- Have Sound Sleep: Don’t stay awake late into the night. Be in bed by 10 or 10:30 p.m, have a light dinner.You may not be able to fall asleep immediately. It is OK. Don’t wake up too early. The exam starts at 09:00 a.m so wake up accordingly.
- Read Instructions Carefully: Some of the students directly hit the question and start solving without even reading the instructions. While it is good to save time by not consuming too much time in reading instructions, skipping it completely would cost you with lowered band score. Therefore, one should quickly scan the instructions before attempting the paper. Visit the official website of NIMCET 2021 and go through the instructions specified thoroughly a day before the exam.
- Stop studying: You can re-read summaries but don’t start trying to digest a new concept or learn new material on the day of an exam. Chances are you’ve already learned everything you’re going to and new ideas can just lead to confusion with what you already know.
Your energy to never get affected by negativity and distrust will take you a long way irrespective of your performance in NIMCET 2022. You must keep a positive attitude at this crucial hour of the time to not allow all your sleepless nights to go wasted. You must make them worth it.
I wish all NIMCET 2022 aspirants all the best for the exam. Keep your spirits high and you will surely come out with flying colors!!